Sunday, October 7, 2012

Evaluating Sources

As much as I want to be a personal trainer, there is always going to be the negative sides of a job. After reading an article about the disadvantages of becoming a personal trainer, I realized that some of the points that are brought up are pretty general, but at the the same time I would beg to argue differently. One of the disadvantages brought up was that personal trainers never work a set schedule, but from what I have learned personal trainers schedules depend on their clients. If I have regular patients who set a strict schedule with me I will definitely have a set schedule. Now it may not be a 9-5 schedule, but it will vary depending on my clients. Another point brought up was that the salary is never consistent which is true. However the fitness industry is a very "rep what you sew" kind of industry. However hard I work to maintain clients and help them achieve their goals is directly going to affect how much I am paid. It is really my responsibility to keep updated with the latest fitness plans and workouts and make sure my certifications are renewed. If I can do this, it will be unlikely for me to loose clients and therefore I will most likely have a steady income. Although personal training has its ups and downs, so does any other job. The way I see it is I know I will have difficulties but this is a job I know I will enjoy, and to me thats really all that matters. 

"The Disadvantages of Being A Personal Trainer." Livestrong.com. Demand Media, Inc. 2012. Web. 7 Oct. 2012.

1 comment:

  1. You are very correct in saying that every job has its advantages and disadvantages. But as long as you enjoy your job, thats all that matters. If you don't enjoy your job, it would be impossible to deal with it everyday. It is great to have this perspective on whatever job you end up getting, because if you aren't happy, the job is not worth having.

    ReplyDelete