Sunday, October 7, 2012

Honesty Hour

Some people have asked me why I want to be a personal trainer, and answering this question is so easy. It hit me about a year ago that I wanted to be in the fitness industry. I have been a dancer my entire life and dancing has been my passion since I was a little girl. I realized that when I danced, it was like nothing else in the world mattered. Dance was there for me when everything else in my life seemed difficult and impossible. I would love a career in dancing, however that is definitely a risky thing to pursue. However, I do plan on trying to audition for a few companies after I graduate. But either way I knew that I wanted a career where I would be moving or exercising; releasing stress and being in my element. I realized one day that I wanted a job that I was going to be happy doing. Whenever I was stressed during school, or stressed with life at home, I used to go run or go to the gym to blow steam off. Then it hit me. I wanted a job that would make a difference in someones life and I refused to sit at a desk all day. Someone mentioned to me one day that I workout so much that I should be a trainer and ever since that day I realized maybe it was my calling all this time. I want to help people feel good about themselves and feel beautiful in the body that they are in. Not to mention, I care about my body so much and taking care of it. I am interested in nutrition and the well being of our bodies. I decided that this would be a perfect job for me. Not only would I be helping people change their lives, but I would be doing something that I LOVE and something that makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you want to be a personal trainer. My girlfriend has also been a dancer for her whole life and her majors came down to wanting to be a personal trainer or a school teacher. Although my girlfriend ended up choosing to be a teacher over a personal trainer I definitely feel like that is a great path to choose in being a personal trainer.

    Good Luck,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your post about why you want to be a trainer, I really can tell that you are passionate about it. This is great that you have such a strong passion in helping people feel good about their self and I think your passion will help you excel and will also help lead you to become a great trainer.

    ReplyDelete