Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Getting Hands On

Considering my goal is to be a personal trainer, I felt the need to actually try and be physically active. LOL But in all seriousness, I have done workouts before, but I wanted a workout that was really going to test my physical ability. So, I found this hot yoga class offered at the dance studio that I teach at; Spartan Dance Center. Hot yoga consists of strength training, flexibility and core control. However, you are performing all of these moves in a room about 90 degrees or warmer. This helps to release the muscles and allow toxins to escape from the body. While taking this class, not only was my flexibility and strength tested, but it actually taught me to breath and focus on my body. I felt like this was a huge success because not only did this help and push my body to limits I didn't know I could do, but it helped me to relax and clear my head. I would recommend anyone to take this class. It helps relieve stress, tighten your core, improve flexibility and not to mention you will sweat like crazy. These are all very important concepts to grasp while actually preparing yourself to do a scheduled workout. Having focus, strength and flexibility can give you endless workout possibilities. So try and drop in a hot yoga class near you, you would be surprised what it will do for you.

1 comment:

  1. This hot yoga thing sounds pretty cool. I probably couldn't do half the moves considering i am about 10 inches away from touching my toes, but it would still be a great experience. You are completely right about the importance of a strong core and sweating. This was really interesting!

    ReplyDelete