Tuesday, September 4, 2012

About Me

Coming from the small hometown of Howell, Michigan, Michigan State seems like a city on its own. I have always been an outgoing person, but there are so many students attending this University that it would seem almost impossible to know everyone. However, my personal communication skills are definitely one of my strengths. Being a dancer for almost 15 years has also taught me many life skills. It has taught me patience, confidence and most importantly, time management. I was a member of a dance company that rehearsed 5 days a week for 5 or more hours leaving my school work sometimes behind. However, my parents were always nagging me to keep up with my school work and of course, here I am now at Michigan State University. Hard work really does pay off. When realizing that I would soon have to figure out a career, it was at first scary. Never the less, I did some intense research and a bit of soul searching and  found that the answer was right in front of my eyes. My entire life was always a bit stressful. My parents got divorced when I was a junior in high school, dance always kept me busy, and school kept reminding me how much work needed to still be done. With all the tasks piled on my plate, I realized that I always worked out when I was stressed. I have always taken good care of my body and because of this, I want to go into the health and wellness field and become a personal trainer. This will be primarily what my blog will be about. I plan to research on the many topics on how to take care of your body and what things can be done to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment