Thursday, September 6, 2012

What are we really putting into our bodies?

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/nutrition/photos/25-diet-busting-foods-you-should-never-eat#25

I found this article on yahoo as I was just about to log in. Now, if you have already read the article, you will have noticed that it has nothing to do with fitness. Which is very true, but then again part of being fit is eating right. That's why this article was extremely helpful to me. I happen to be an avid coffee drinker and little did I know that what I thought was a harmless non fat frappachino, was actually packed with tons of calories and fat. I learned that you can get the same frappachino but ask for skim milk and no whipped cream which cuts more than half the calories. This could be very beneficial to anyone out there dieting that still wants their occasional caffeine buzz. As I kept reading through the different foods, I realized that some of the choices were foods that I would have never known that were bad for you. I happen to love frozen yogurt, and I just thought that every frozen yogurt was the same; low fat and low carbs. Little did I know that some frozen yogurt actually has high amounts of sugar which then increase the carb amount. This link was super beneficial to me because it helped me realize what I was really putting into my body. Obviously what you put into your body is going to generally effect how your body moves in physical movement or activity which is why this link relates to my research. The healthier you eat, the more energy you will have to get through a good workout.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked what you said about eating healthy. So many people think being fit is just about working out but it is so much more than that. What a person puts in their body can greatly affect their physical activity and their health. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you talk about eating being an important part of being healthy. A lot of people don't think about it as much as working out. It's something that I haven't done very well and I've been trying to improve upon. Good read!

    ReplyDelete