Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The answer to my Questions

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/fitness-trainers-and-instructors.htm#tab-1

The link above proved to be EXTREMELY helpful to answering almost every question I had about my future career. To being, I have always wondered how much a personal trainer made. The Bureau of Labor Statistics showed me a table with the average income that a beginning trainer would make. From this article I learned that on average, a personal trainer makes up to $45 an hour depending on the specialty of the training. This article also informed me that in order to become a personal trainer, I would need to get certified and to become certified I would need to take a class pertaining to personal training. My next step from there would be to "job shadow" another trainer at a gym; almost like interning. This would give me an opportunity to really see what kind of things and environment I would be working with. Something I found that was interesting, was the fact that I can specialize in certain types of training to increase my chances of being hired somewhere. For example, if I was not only certified to train someone in exercise but also in something such as Pilates or yoga, my chances of being hired are much higher. This was something that I would definitely be compelled to do considering I love yoga. The article let me know that the hours are also pretty flexible depending on how long you have been working and the client you are working with. This could be beneficial to anyone who wants a family and a social life. Over all, the article well informed me of the things I should be looking forward to in my future. 

"Fitness Trainers and Instructors." Bureau of Labor Statistics.com. United States Department of Labor, inc. 26 April. 2012. Web. 12 Sep. 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment