Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Not quite 20 questions

When told to make up ten questions on becoming a personal trainer, my brain drew a blank. I had no idea where to even start; then it hit me. Who, what, when, where, and why? The basic go to questions we all learned years ago. I then began to brainstorm many questions. Such as; How many years will it take? Do I need any certification tests? Obviously, how do I make it big? Any Internships? What sort of skills will I need to master? What classes will help me better myself for the future of becoming a personal trainer? What kind of environment should I expect? How do I become slightly independent? and finally Who should I get to know that may guide me in the right direction? Now, I have only just begun my research so not all of these questions were answered, but a few were definitely cleared up. After reading, "Fit to Be Well" by Alton L. Thygerson and Steven M. Thygerson, I found many answers that I was searching for. First off, I learned that to become a personal trainer, I was definitely going to need good communication skills and it probably wouldn't hurt to take a few business classes especially if I plan on becoming and independent trainer. I discovered that I was going to obviously need to stay fit and always try and learn more because as society is changing, new products and ideas are emerging which will be important when maintaining my career. The times of a trainer really depend on the gym or the client. Although, if I plan on going independent and training by my name alone, most of the times I can choose my time of day to train others. I continued to read but found no more answers to my questions. However, I did learn a great amount of information that I hope to use in the future. I plan on continuing my research in the quest to find the rest of my answers that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment